North East Herts MP meets with Great Northern chiefs after delays
- Credit: Archant
North East Herts MP Sir Oliver Heald met with Great Northern chiefs and rail user groups last week after recent delays to the service.
Sir Oliver arranged a meeting at Parliament with Great Northern managing director Tom Moran, and manager Patrick Ladbury, to discuss timetable improvements, with particular concerns arising over weekend reliability.
Leanne Scott and Stephen Rose of Letchworth RUG, and Daniel Matthews of Baldock RUG were in attendance.
Issues discussed included plans for longer term infrastructure, off-peak ticketing policy and station improvements under the Passenger Benefit Fund.
Sir Oliver said: "I am grateful to Tom Moran and Great Northern for recent meetings and to the RUGs for their huge input on behalf of local passengers.
You may also want to watch:
"Things are improving and there are grounds for optimism about the number of trained drivers and new stock. I will keep pressing with the RUGs for further improvements and welcome the news that stations will be enhanced and electronic carnets are coming."
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust