Motorcyclist who was airlifted to hospital after Letchworth town centre crash has been discharged
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist who was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a town centre crash has now been discharged.
Ambulance crews, police and the Herts Air Ambulance were called to Broadway in Letchworth at about 5.20pm on Friday after a collision involving a Suzuki GFXR and a BMW.
The motorcycle – a man believed to be in 20s – was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after reportedly sustaining serious injuries to his head and chest, but police confirmed today that he has since been released.
The woman driving the BMW was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage as a precaution.
Broadway was closed following the crash, but police at the scene reopened the road at 9.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police on 101.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award