Motorcyclist who was airlifted to hospital after Letchworth town centre crash has been discharged
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist who was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a town centre crash has now been discharged.
Ambulance crews, police and the Herts Air Ambulance were called to Broadway in Letchworth at about 5.20pm on Friday after a collision involving a Suzuki GFXR and a BMW.
The motorcycle – a man believed to be in 20s – was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after reportedly sustaining serious injuries to his head and chest, but police confirmed today that he has since been released.
The woman driving the BMW was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage as a precaution.
Broadway was closed following the crash, but police at the scene reopened the road at 9.20pm.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police on 101.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam