Motorcyclist hospitalised after crash on A1(M)
A MOTORCYCLIST has been hospitalised following a crash on the A1(M) this morning (Tuesday) which caused a lane to be temporarily closed.
A man from Stotfold was taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries after his black Yamaha collided with a gold Citroen Saxo at around 7.30am on the southbound carriageway near Junction 7 for Stevenage.
Emergency services were called and one southbound lane of the A1(M) was closed while the fire service cleared a fuel spillage caused by the incident.
The lane was reopened at 8.50am.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On arrival, paramedics found the man lying in the central reservation after he was in collision with a car.
You may also want to watch:
“The man, who we believe to be 21-years-old, received a minor injury to his knee.”
The driver of the car, a man, was uninjured.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go