Motorcyclist hospitalised after A602 crash outside school
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken arm after a crash outside a school this morning (Wednesday).
A motorbike and a car collided at about 9.05am on the A602 outside Heath Mount School, situated just past Watton-at-Stone.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 20s, was assessed by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for treatment on a suspected fractured arm.
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson has urged motorists to avoid the area with the road closed in both directions up to the school.
Traffic has backed up on the outskirts of Stevenage as a result.
You may also want to watch:
Update: The road was reopened at about 10.25am.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory