Motorcyclist hospitalised after A602 crash outside school
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken arm after a crash outside a school this morning (Wednesday).
A motorbike and a car collided at about 9.05am on the A602 outside Heath Mount School, situated just past Watton-at-Stone.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 20s, was assessed by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for treatment on a suspected fractured arm.
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson has urged motorists to avoid the area with the road closed in both directions up to the school.
Traffic has backed up on the outskirts of Stevenage as a result.
Update: The road was reopened at about 10.25am.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables