Motorcyclist dies in Hitchin lamp post crash
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s has died after the motorbike he was riding crashed into a lamp post in Hitchin last night.
Police have said they were called at 7.16pm to Woolgrove Road after the collision was reported by the ambulance service.
A Herts police spokeswoman said: “A motorbike collided with a lamp post. The rider, a man in his 30s, sadly died at the scene.”
The road was closed for some time as police carried out investigations.
It is open again this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The rider’s next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specially-trained officers.
More updates here as we have them.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory