Motorcyclist dies in Hitchin lamp post crash
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s has died after the motorbike he was riding crashed into a lamp post in Hitchin last night.
Police have said they were called at 7.16pm to Woolgrove Road after the collision was reported by the ambulance service.
A Herts police spokeswoman said: “A motorbike collided with a lamp post. The rider, a man in his 30s, sadly died at the scene.”
The road was closed for some time as police carried out investigations.
It is open again this morning.
The rider’s next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specially-trained officers.
More updates here as we have them.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Concerns grow for missing Letchworth woman
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map