Motorcyclist critical after Stevenage crash
A MOTORCYCLIST is in a critical condition in hospital after coming off his bike on a cycle path in Stevenage.
The 22-year-old man, who was riding an orange KTM 125 motorbike came off his vehicle, near Douglas Drive and suffered serious head and leg injuries.
A spokesman for Herts Police said: “We were called at 11.45pm on Friday by the ambulance service reporting injury to a motorcyclist following a collision in Douglas Drive.
“The man was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge for treatment and was described as being in a critical condition yesterday (Sunday).
“The circumstances around the incident are now being investigated by officers from the Beds and Herts Road Policing Unit.
You may also want to watch:
“Police are appealing to anyone who saw the incident and who has not yet spoken to police to call officers on the non-emergency number 101 as soon as possible.”
*The man remains in a critical condition this morning (Monday).
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 3 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers