Motorcyclist critical after Stevenage crash
A MOTORCYCLIST is in a critical condition in hospital after coming off his bike on a cycle path in Stevenage.
The 22-year-old man, who was riding an orange KTM 125 motorbike came off his vehicle, near Douglas Drive and suffered serious head and leg injuries.
A spokesman for Herts Police said: “We were called at 11.45pm on Friday by the ambulance service reporting injury to a motorcyclist following a collision in Douglas Drive.
“The man was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge for treatment and was described as being in a critical condition yesterday (Sunday).
“The circumstances around the incident are now being investigated by officers from the Beds and Herts Road Policing Unit.
“Police are appealing to anyone who saw the incident and who has not yet spoken to police to call officers on the non-emergency number 101 as soon as possible.”
*The man remains in a critical condition this morning (Monday).
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam