Morning traffic report: Heavy A1(M) congestion near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is heavy on the A1(M) southbound near Stevenage this morning, with congestion coming back off the motorway to surrounding roads.
The traffic is particularly heavy around Junction 7, with long queues to come onto the motorway from the A602 and Gunnels Wood Road.
There are also queues coming into Stevenage from the south-east, just before the Shephall Way roundabout, and in Martins Way in the north of the town.
In Hitchin, traffic is slow on the A602 Stevenage Road and Park Way, and back from Paynes Park into Bedford Road as far back as Bearton Road.
There is also congestion going out of town along Pirton Road and the A505 towards Luton, and in Park Street as it approaches the Three Moorhens roudnabout.
There are queues coming into Baldock along the A507 North Road from Stotfold.
Further north, there are delays on the A1 southbound at Sandy.
- 1 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000