Morning traffic report: Heavy A1(M) congestion near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is heavy on the A1(M) southbound near Stevenage this morning, with congestion coming back off the motorway to surrounding roads.
The traffic is particularly heavy around Junction 7, with long queues to come onto the motorway from the A602 and Gunnels Wood Road.
There are also queues coming into Stevenage from the south-east, just before the Shephall Way roundabout, and in Martins Way in the north of the town.
In Hitchin, traffic is slow on the A602 Stevenage Road and Park Way, and back from Paynes Park into Bedford Road as far back as Bearton Road.
There is also congestion going out of town along Pirton Road and the A505 towards Luton, and in Park Street as it approaches the Three Moorhens roudnabout.
You may also want to watch:
There are queues coming into Baldock along the A507 North Road from Stotfold.
Further north, there are delays on the A1 southbound at Sandy.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?