Moped rider airlifted to hospital with serious leg injuries after crash near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A moped rider was airlifted to hospital with serious leg injuries after a crash involving a car near Stevenage yesterday.
Emergency personnel including an air ambluance crew were sent to Benington, a village east of Stevenage, shortly before 4.30pm after reports of a collision between a moped and a car in Town Lane.
A police spokeswoman said the moped rider – who she described as a man in his 20s – was taken to hospital with what she called “serious leg injuries”.
Police said a Yamaha YN 100 and black Volkswagen Golf were recovered.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We dispatched two ambulance crews, two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance officer and the Magpas Air Ambulance to the scene where they treated a man in his late teens.
You may also want to watch:
“The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.”
Anyone who witnessed what happened and has not yet spoken with police should report online at herts.police.uk/Report, or call 101 quoting ISR 509 of May 20.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas