Moped rider airlifted to hospital with serious leg injuries after crash near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A moped rider was airlifted to hospital with serious leg injuries after a crash involving a car near Stevenage yesterday.
Emergency personnel including an air ambluance crew were sent to Benington, a village east of Stevenage, shortly before 4.30pm after reports of a collision between a moped and a car in Town Lane.
A police spokeswoman said the moped rider – who she described as a man in his 20s – was taken to hospital with what she called “serious leg injuries”.
Police said a Yamaha YN 100 and black Volkswagen Golf were recovered.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We dispatched two ambulance crews, two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance officer and the Magpas Air Ambulance to the scene where they treated a man in his late teens.
“The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for further care.”
Anyone who witnessed what happened and has not yet spoken with police should report online at herts.police.uk/Report, or call 101 quoting ISR 509 of May 20.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000