Monday morning travel report: Tailbacks on A1(M) near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There are long tailbacks on the A1(M) southbound this morning around Stevenage, with queues back almost as far as Letchworth.
Traffic is near-solid between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate, with roads coming off the motorway also affected – with long queues coming onto the A1(M) southbound at Junction 7 from the A602.
There is also congestion in Martins Way in Stevenage, between the A602 Hitchin Road and Grace Way.
Further afield, there traffic is slow on the A1 near Sandy and around the A1(M)’s Junction 4 for Hatfield.
In Hitchin, there is congestion on the A602 Park Way, the A505 towards Luton and coming onto Pirton Road. There is also slow traffic coming into Baldock along the A507 North Road.
On the railways, a train fault means the 8.04am service from Stevenage to London Moorgate is now due at 9.03am, and will be formed of three coaches rather than six.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service