Monday morning travel report: Tailbacks on A1(M) near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There are long tailbacks on the A1(M) southbound this morning around Stevenage, with queues back almost as far as Letchworth.
Traffic is near-solid between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate, with roads coming off the motorway also affected – with long queues coming onto the A1(M) southbound at Junction 7 from the A602.
There is also congestion in Martins Way in Stevenage, between the A602 Hitchin Road and Grace Way.
Further afield, there traffic is slow on the A1 near Sandy and around the A1(M)’s Junction 4 for Hatfield.
In Hitchin, there is congestion on the A602 Park Way, the A505 towards Luton and coming onto Pirton Road. There is also slow traffic coming into Baldock along the A507 North Road.
You may also want to watch:
On the railways, a train fault means the 8.04am service from Stevenage to London Moorgate is now due at 9.03am, and will be formed of three coaches rather than six.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises