Monday morning travel report: Long A1(M) tailbacks near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There are long tailbacks on the A1(M) southbound near Stevenage this morning, with traffic slow all the way back to Letchworth.
The traffic is slowest between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate, with queues also on the A602 near the Junction 7.
There is also a queue on the slip road coming off the A1(M) southbound at Junction 9, and slow traffic on the A1 southbound near Sandy.
Traffic is also slow on the A602 Park Way and Stevenage Road in Hitchin, and queueing in Park Street as vehicles approach the Three Moorhens roundabout.
On the railways this week, buses are replacing Great Northern trains between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage via Hertford North each night from today until Friday – with no services from 11.50pm to 4.50pm nightly.
At Hitchin railway station, Great Northern says the lift for platform one is out of order “until further notice”.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 7 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 8 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000