Monday morning travel report: Long A1(M) tailbacks near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There are long tailbacks on the A1(M) southbound near Stevenage this morning, with traffic slow all the way back to Letchworth.
The traffic is slowest between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate, with queues also on the A602 near the Junction 7.
There is also a queue on the slip road coming off the A1(M) southbound at Junction 9, and slow traffic on the A1 southbound near Sandy.
Traffic is also slow on the A602 Park Way and Stevenage Road in Hitchin, and queueing in Park Street as vehicles approach the Three Moorhens roundabout.
On the railways this week, buses are replacing Great Northern trains between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage via Hertford North each night from today until Friday – with no services from 11.50pm to 4.50pm nightly.
You may also want to watch:
At Hitchin railway station, Great Northern says the lift for platform one is out of order “until further notice”.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool