Man trapped in smashed car in Letchworth
Firefighters are cutting the roof off a car to free a man trapped after hitting a tree during rush hour.
A man is trapped in his car after hitting a tree during rush hour.
The Stevenage man, who is in his 50s, left Willian Road in Letchworth and hit a tree in a blue Ford Mondeo shortly before 9am.
Fire crews are currently cutting the roof off the car to free the man.
Police and ambulance crews are at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth Lane is currently closed.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?