Man suffers injuries after being run over by his own car near Stevenage Mecca Bingo
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
Police were called to the car park behind the Mecca Bingo club off Danesgate in Stevenage yesterday after a man was apparently run over by his own car.
Officers were alerted by staff from East of England Ambulance Service who were called to the car park at 5.15pm.
A police spokesman said a man in his 60s had “reportedly fallen” as he got out of his vehicle, which then rolled over him.
A number of other vehicles were also hit by the same car during the incident.
The man’s injuries are not believed to be serious but he was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further treatment.
His car was recovered from the scene.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening