Man suffers injuries after being run over by his own car near Stevenage Mecca Bingo
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
Police were called to the car park behind the Mecca Bingo club off Danesgate in Stevenage yesterday after a man was apparently run over by his own car.
Officers were alerted by staff from East of England Ambulance Service who were called to the car park at 5.15pm.
A police spokesman said a man in his 60s had “reportedly fallen” as he got out of his vehicle, which then rolled over him.
A number of other vehicles were also hit by the same car during the incident.
The man’s injuries are not believed to be serious but he was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
His car was recovered from the scene.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin