Man seriously injured in crash on B655 between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay
- Credit: Archant
A man has been left seriously injured after being involved in a crash on the B655 between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay.
Police, ambulance and fire and rescue crews attended the incident involving a black Audi RS Quattro and a silver Kia Picanto.
The driver of the Kia was cut out from his car by the rescue team and had sustained serious injuries. He was taken to hospital by ambulance crews for further treatment.
Occupants of the Audi had left the scene prior to arrival and enquiries are ongoing to trace them.
A road closure between Hexton Road and Pegsdon remains in place while emergency services work at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed what happened should call police on 101 quoting reference ISR 355 of May 30.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory