Man seriously injured in crash on B655 between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay
- Credit: Archant
A man has been left seriously injured after being involved in a crash on the B655 between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay.
Police, ambulance and fire and rescue crews attended the incident involving a black Audi RS Quattro and a silver Kia Picanto.
The driver of the Kia was cut out from his car by the rescue team and had sustained serious injuries. He was taken to hospital by ambulance crews for further treatment.
Occupants of the Audi had left the scene prior to arrival and enquiries are ongoing to trace them.
A road closure between Hexton Road and Pegsdon remains in place while emergency services work at the scene.
Anyone who witnessed what happened should call police on 101 quoting reference ISR 355 of May 30.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables