Man killed and children hospitalised after A1(M) crash near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A man has been killed following an accident on the A1(M) today (Saturday).
Police are appealing for witnesses following a collision involving a blue Toyota Selica at junction 7 northbound which occurred at approximately 11.30am.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. The car’s passengers - a woman and two children - were taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Road closures were temporarily put in place causing traffic delays around Stevenage.
PC Andy Ralph said: “Tragically, following today’s collision a man lost his life and our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are doing all we can to find out what caused this collision and I am therefore appealing for anyone who saw the incident take place, or the events leading up to it, to get in contact with police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Ralph via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 8 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 9 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs