Man killed and children hospitalised after A1(M) crash near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A man has been killed following an accident on the A1(M) today (Saturday).
Police are appealing for witnesses following a collision involving a blue Toyota Selica at junction 7 northbound which occurred at approximately 11.30am.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. The car’s passengers - a woman and two children - were taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Road closures were temporarily put in place causing traffic delays around Stevenage.
PC Andy Ralph said: “Tragically, following today’s collision a man lost his life and our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.
“We are doing all we can to find out what caused this collision and I am therefore appealing for anyone who saw the incident take place, or the events leading up to it, to get in contact with police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Ralph via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans