Man in his 30s dies in A507 crash near Shefford
- Credit: Archant
A man died in a crash on the A507 yesterday evening, police have confirmed today.
The crash – between a red Vauxhall Combo van and blue Ford Ka – happened at about 7.50pm just before the Tesco roundabout linking the A507 with Ivel Road and Shefford Road.
The driver of the red van, a man in his 30s, was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokeswoman has confirmed that the man’s next of kin have been informed and are being supported by a specially trained family liaison officer.
A second man sustained serious injuries and was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance service spokesman said: “Two ambulances, three paramedic cars, an ambulance officer and an air ambulance were sent to the scene.
“On arrival crews treated two patients, unfortunately a male was pronounced deceased at scene.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 8 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
“Another patient was conveyed to hospital with abdominal injuries. Our thoughts are with those affected by this incident.”
PC Andy Ralph, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Forensic Collision Investigation Unit, said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who was driving along the A507 on Sunday at the time of the collision who saw either vehicle, as your information may be able to help us piece together the events leading up to the incident.”
Anyone with any information should call PC Ralph on 101 quoting reference number 392 of September 3.