Man hospitalised and A1(M) backing up after two crashes
TWO car crashes this morning (Thursday) have seen a man taken to hospital and traffic delays on the A1(M).
The emergency services were first called to Norton Way in Norton at around 07.05am after reports that a silver Renault Clio had left the road and ended up in a ditch.
A man was taken to Lister Hospital following the incident - in which the car was seen to be smoking - to be treated with minor injuries.
At around 9am two cars collided on the A1(M) travelling southbound between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn.
No-one was injured in the incident, involving a red Mitsubishi Space Wagon and a silver Honda CR-V.
Traffic has been slow from Junction 8 for Stevenage following the crash.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service