Man hospitalised after car collides with trees and fence on A1(M) at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A DRIVER whose car collided with trees and a fence off the A1(M) this morning (Friday) has been taken to hospital.
A man was driving a grey Jaguar S-Type northbound between junction 7 and 8 for Stevenage when it left the motorway at around 8.15am, colliding with trees and a fence.
The driver had cuts to his head – which was bleeding – and was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for treatment for minor injuries.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the scene, said: “The man was very lucky indeed to have not received serious injuries as several wooden fence posts entered the car, narrowly missing the driver.”
Police, ambulance and fire crews were all called, and a rolling road closure was put in place just after junction 7 while debris was removed from the road.
The Jaguar was recovered by 9.30am.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 3 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event