Man hospitalised after car collides with trees and fence on A1(M) at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A DRIVER whose car collided with trees and a fence off the A1(M) this morning (Friday) has been taken to hospital.
A man was driving a grey Jaguar S-Type northbound between junction 7 and 8 for Stevenage when it left the motorway at around 8.15am, colliding with trees and a fence.
The driver had cuts to his head – which was bleeding – and was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for treatment for minor injuries.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the scene, said: “The man was very lucky indeed to have not received serious injuries as several wooden fence posts entered the car, narrowly missing the driver.”
Police, ambulance and fire crews were all called, and a rolling road closure was put in place just after junction 7 while debris was removed from the road.
You may also want to watch:
The Jaguar was recovered by 9.30am.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises