Man helped free after crash near Hitchin A602 leaves car balancing on verge
- Credit: Archant
A man who was trapped in a car which was balancing on a verge following a crash has been helped free by the emergency services this morning.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to Ashbrook Lane near St Ippolyts at about 8.50am after reports that a man in his 20s was trapped.
His car had ended on an embankment after being in collision with another vehicle.
A police spokesman said: “Efforts were made to free a man from a car which was unstable on an embankment before he was released from the vehicle after 9am.”
An ambulance and response car assesed the man at the scene and found he had no injuries before he was left in the care of his family.
You may also want to watch:
Ashbrook Lane, near to the A602 between Stevenage and Hitchin, was closed to traffic but reopened at 9.40am.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602