Man helped free after crash near Hitchin A602 leaves car balancing on verge
- Credit: Archant
A man who was trapped in a car which was balancing on a verge following a crash has been helped free by the emergency services this morning.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to Ashbrook Lane near St Ippolyts at about 8.50am after reports that a man in his 20s was trapped.
His car had ended on an embankment after being in collision with another vehicle.
A police spokesman said: “Efforts were made to free a man from a car which was unstable on an embankment before he was released from the vehicle after 9am.”
An ambulance and response car assesed the man at the scene and found he had no injuries before he was left in the care of his family.
Ashbrook Lane, near to the A602 between Stevenage and Hitchin, was closed to traffic but reopened at 9.40am.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week