Man dies in A505 crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a crash on the A505 (yesterday) Tuesday.
The 43-year-old died after the van he was driving veered across a road and collided with a brick wall.
The incident happened at 12.23pm on the A505 Hitchin Road, close to the junction south of Lothair Road, in the Stopsley area of Luton.
The road was closed in both directions, with traffic backing up around the turning for Offley and Lilley.
A critical care paramedic team from Hitchin and an air ambulance were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The Ford Transit was travelling southwest on Hitchin Road when the collision happened.
Officers were called and attempted CPR on the driver he was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later by medics.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
His female passenger suffered minor injury.