Man dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a train this morning (Tuesday).
The man, whose identity remains unknown, died after being struck by a train at 9.31am at Welham Green Railway Station.
The line has now reopened but commuters can expect delays of up 30 minutes between Stevenage and London King’s Cross.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “BTP officers were called to Welham Green station, Hatfield, on Tuesday, 31 December following a report that a man had been hit by a train.
“BTP and Hertfordshire Constabulary officers attended the incident, which was reported to BTP at 9.31am and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“Medics from East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the man and inform their family.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
First Capital Connect tweeted: “The line has now reopened at Welham Green (but) 30 minute delays can still be expected.”