Man dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a train this morning (Tuesday).
The man, whose identity remains unknown, died after being struck by a train at 9.31am at Welham Green Railway Station.
The line has now reopened but commuters can expect delays of up 30 minutes between Stevenage and London King’s Cross.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “BTP officers were called to Welham Green station, Hatfield, on Tuesday, 31 December following a report that a man had been hit by a train.
“BTP and Hertfordshire Constabulary officers attended the incident, which was reported to BTP at 9.31am and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
“Medics from East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the man and inform their family.”
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
First Capital Connect tweeted: “The line has now reopened at Welham Green (but) 30 minute delays can still be expected.”