Man cut free from car after crash at Hooks Cross near Stevenage blocks A602
- Credit: Archant
A man had to be cut free from his car last night after a crash just outside Stevenage blocked the A602 in both directions.
Emergency services – including the Herts Air Ambulance – were called at about 6pm after reports that a black Nissan Micra and a black Vauxhall Astra had collided on the A602 at Hooks Cross.
Firefighters treated two people at the scene before the ambulance service took over, and cut a man in his 50s free from his car.
The man – who had back and abdomen injuries – was taken to Lister Hospital by land ambulance for further treatment, as was a second patient.
The man’s injuries have been described by police as serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked as a result of the crash, with fire crews leaving the scene shortly after 7pm.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round