Man charged with drink driving after car crashes into Stevenage Borough Council’s Customer Service Centre
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with drink driving after two bollards were destroyed and part of a wall damaged when a car crashed into Stevenage Borough Council’s offices yesterday.
Arron Cuthbert was arrested and charged with drink driving after an Audi A4 crashed into the council’s Customer Service Centre in Danestrete at 3.06am.
Police arrived shortly after the crash and found the vehicle empty.
After a brief search they found two men nearby who were then arrested.
Mr Cuthbert was later charged with the offence and is also accused of possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old, from London, has been bailed until he appears before magistrates on Monday, November 9.
No further action is to be taken against the second person arrested.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
The council confirmed that work is underway to fix the building, which suffered no structural damage, and should be completed within a week.
The centre remains open as normal.