Man arrested after three-car crash in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has been arrested following a car collision which left two people injured and a major road shut.
Police and ambulance crews were called to Martins Way in Stevenage after reports of a collision.
An elderly man has been taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries as a result.
The dual carriageway has been closed from Hitchin Road eastbound direction up to the junction with Grace Way.
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of failing to stop and burglary. He is currently in police custody.
It follows reports of a vehicle having been stolen in Churchgate, Hitchin, shortly after 2pm today (Tuesday).
A police spokesman said: “Officers responded immediately and a short time later a vehicle has failed to stop at the Coreys Mill area of Stevenage. The car has subsequently been involved in a collision with two other vehicles in Martins Way.
- 1 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
“Police are appealing to anyone who saw a black and silver Smart Roadster traveling between Hitchin and into Stevenage at around this time to call Sgt Colin Jenkinson using the police non-emergency number 101.”