Man arrested after assault at Letchworth train station
A MAN has been arrested after an assault at a train station last night (Thursday) which left another man in hospital.
British Transport Police (BTP) were called to Letchworth Garden City Railway Station around 3pm following a report of a man being assaulted.
Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance service attended and a 38-year-old man was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
He required stitches above his eye and was later released.
A police cordon was put up at the scene at 3.45pm before being taken down later that night.
You may also want to watch:
A 32-year-old man from Letchworth has been arrested in connection with the incident and has been taken into custody at Stevenage Police Station, where he currently remains.
A spokesman for BTP said: “Officers are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the incident to contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 373 of 03/11/2011.”
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 10 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods