Man arrested after assault at Letchworth train station
A MAN has been arrested after an assault at a train station last night (Thursday) which left another man in hospital.
British Transport Police (BTP) were called to Letchworth Garden City Railway Station around 3pm following a report of a man being assaulted.
Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance service attended and a 38-year-old man was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
He required stitches above his eye and was later released.
A police cordon was put up at the scene at 3.45pm before being taken down later that night.
A 32-year-old man from Letchworth has been arrested in connection with the incident and has been taken into custody at Stevenage Police Station, where he currently remains.
A spokesman for BTP said: “Officers are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the incident to contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 373 of 03/11/2011.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown