Man and woman injured after crash which left them trapped in car on A505 between Baldock and Royston
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman became trapped when the car they were travelling in crashed on the A505 between Baldock and Royston earlier today.
The incident happened near the turning for Litlington just after 1.40pm, and police, two crews from Royston and Baldock & Letchworth fire stations, and the ambulance service all attended the scene.
Officers closed one lane of the A505 heading towards Royston from the Odsey turning while firefighters worked to free those who were trapped.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called to the collision on the A505 at 1.41pm today and a report of two patients who were trapped.
“Two response cars, an ambulance officer and two ambulance crews were dispatched.
You may also want to watch:
“They treated a woman – believed to be in her 50s – who had chest and abdomen pain, and a man with chest pain and abdomen pain.
“Both were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further care. Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.”
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
@HertsFRS tweeted: “Control sent crews from @roystonfire and @baldock31firest to an RTC on the A505. Crews used Lukas to free casualties and provided trauma care until the arrival of @EastEnglandAmb.”