Major train disruption at Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City stations
- Credit: Archant
Major disruption is impacting trains at Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City stations this afternoon.
The problems started when a train developed a fault at Stilton Fen, between Peterborough and Huntingdon, and blocked the 10.53am service from Peterborough to London Kings Cross.
While the issue was investigated, overhead lines were switched off and the trapped carriages were sent back to Peterborough.
All lines have now reopened there and the faulty unit attached to a rescue train.
However, residual disruption is being prolonged after trespassers were found on the railway at Welwyn Garden City - due to this, services may be diverted via Hertford North.
You may also want to watch:
National Rail predict disruption for passengers until at least about 9pm.
People should expect two hour delays, cancellations, or short notice alteration.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie