Major train delays on Great Northern line between Hitchin and Cambridge after emergency services called to incident near Shepreth
- Credit: Archant
There are major delays on the Great Northern line tonight between Hitchin and Cambridge after an incident near Shepreth stopped trains travelling in either direction.
Emergency services are dealing with what is only being described as an ‘incident’ near Shepreth, which has resulted in trains being cancelled and a rail replacement bus service operating between Royston and Cambridge in both directions.
Lines are expected to reopen shortly but passengers face delays until at least 9.15pm tonight, with journey times likely to be extended by up to 30 minutes.
Trains are running between London King’s Cross and Royston, as well as between Cambridge and Kings Lynn – but not between Royston and Cambridge.
Passengers may also use Abellio Greater Anglia and London Underground on any reasonable routes.
You may also want to watch:
On the roads, the A10 was also reportedly shut at Foxton Level Crossing.
• UPDATE 7.47pm: Lines have reopened but delays are still expected for some time.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 8 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
For the latest updates follow @GNRailUK and use the hashtag #Shepreth on Twitter.