Major disruption to train services on Great Northern line between Cambridge/Peterborough and London King’s Cross due to driver shortage
- Credit: Archant
Train services on the Great Northern line between Cambridge/Peterborough and London King’s Cross are being heavily disrupted today due to a driver shortage.
Hourly services are in operation from Cambridge to London King’s Cross, calling at all stations between Royston and Stevenage, Hatfield, Potters Bar, and Finsbury Park before arriving at its destination. Passengers at Foxton, Meldreth and Shepreth should speak to station staff for alternative travel arrangements.
There is also an hourly service calling at all stations between Peterborough and Hatfield, and also calling at Potters Bar, Finsbury Park and London King’s Cross.
Rail operator Govia Thameslink Railway Ltd – which runs Great Northern services – said the shortage of drivers is ‘temporary’, and added: “Great Northern are running the UK’s biggest driver recruitment and training programme to increase the number of drivers in the long term.
“Normally, like the rest of the railway industry, Great Northern rely to a degree on drivers working rest days but on this occasion, it has not been possible.”
You may also want to watch:
An hourly service is in operation between Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate which calls at all stations, but no trains are running on the Hertford North route.
Passengers can use London Underground, London buses, Abellio Great Anglia and London Overground on all reasonable routes.
For more information search #GreatNorthernTrains on Twitter or visit www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/115904.aspx.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home