Lorry hits Baldock bridge causing train delays
PASSENGERS on First Capital Connect trains are facing delays this afternoon (Monday) after a lorry hit a bridge close to Baldock station.
The incident happened at about 1.17pm and trains were halted in both directions for safety reasons.
A blue articulated lorry hit the bridge causing the roof of the lorry to come off and debris to fall on the road.
The driver drove off towards the town.
An engineer from Network Rail will visit the site to assess the bridge.
Trains are running but there are delays of up to 60 minutes between Cambridge and Stevenage.
This is expected to continue until approximately 3pm.
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 6 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change