Lorry hits Baldock bridge causing train delays
PASSENGERS on First Capital Connect trains are facing delays this afternoon (Monday) after a lorry hit a bridge close to Baldock station.
The incident happened at about 1.17pm and trains were halted in both directions for safety reasons.
A blue articulated lorry hit the bridge causing the roof of the lorry to come off and debris to fall on the road.
The driver drove off towards the town.
An engineer from Network Rail will visit the site to assess the bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Trains are running but there are delays of up to 60 minutes between Cambridge and Stevenage.
This is expected to continue until approximately 3pm.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises