Lonsdale Road in Stevenage remains closed after motorcycle crash
- Credit: Archant
Lonsdale Road in Stevenage remains closed this evening – more than three hours after a crash involving a motorcyclist and a car.
Emergency services were alerted at about 4.50pm to the crash, which occured in Lonsdale Road at the junction with Webb Rise – where an air ambulance landed to assist.
Lonsdale Road remains partially cordoned off by police at this time, with motorists heading towards Vardon Road and Hampson Park from the Shell garage end being diverted via Webb Rise.
While the road is shut at the junction with Vardon Road, the Comet understands motorists who live on the road are being allowed access to their homes.
It is not clear when the road will be reopened, but in an earlier statement a police spokeswoman said: “Motorists and pedestrians are advised to avoid the area currently and are thanked for their patience.”
You may also want to watch:
At this stage no information has been released about any injuries sustained in the collision.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust