Lonsdale Road in Stevenage remains closed after motorcycle crash
- Credit: Archant
Lonsdale Road in Stevenage remains closed this evening – more than three hours after a crash involving a motorcyclist and a car.
Emergency services were alerted at about 4.50pm to the crash, which occured in Lonsdale Road at the junction with Webb Rise – where an air ambulance landed to assist.
Lonsdale Road remains partially cordoned off by police at this time, with motorists heading towards Vardon Road and Hampson Park from the Shell garage end being diverted via Webb Rise.
While the road is shut at the junction with Vardon Road, the Comet understands motorists who live on the road are being allowed access to their homes.
It is not clear when the road will be reopened, but in an earlier statement a police spokeswoman said: “Motorists and pedestrians are advised to avoid the area currently and are thanked for their patience.”
At this stage no information has been released about any injuries sustained in the collision.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Cyclist remains in hospital after collision with bus