Long delays on A1(M) southbound between Letchworth Gate and Welwyn after incidents near Stevenage’s Junction 7
- Credit: Archant
There are delays of up to 1½ hours on the A1(M) between Letchworth and Welwyn this morning after incidents southbound near Junction 7 for Stevenage.
It is understood one lane is closed following an accident and delays can be felt all the way from Junction 9 for Welwyn and 6 for Letchworth Gate.
It’s also causing delays in Stevenage on routes heading towards Junction 7 of the motorway.
HCC Highways tweeted: “A602 Stevenage , W/B from Valley Way to J7 A1 (M) , problems on A1 this morning causing congestion.
“B197 from J/W A602 Stevenage S/B to Woolmer Green, again problems on A1 (M) this morning causing traffic down this road, delays occurring.”
You may also want to watch:
Adding to the delays, AA traffic news reported on their website that the situation was not helped by an earlier recovery vehicle having a flat tyre which has now been resolved.
Buses are also affected, with Arriva tweeting: “Due to an accident and over running roadworks on the A1M traffic in the Stevenage area very heavy at this time some delays expected on route around the area. A602 very heavy traffic due to the A1M problems routes 4/5/8 are subject to delays.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas