Long delays on A1(M) southbound between Letchworth Gate and Welwyn after incidents near Stevenage’s Junction 7
- Credit: Archant
There are delays of up to 1½ hours on the A1(M) between Letchworth and Welwyn this morning after incidents southbound near Junction 7 for Stevenage.
It is understood one lane is closed following an accident and delays can be felt all the way from Junction 9 for Welwyn and 6 for Letchworth Gate.
It’s also causing delays in Stevenage on routes heading towards Junction 7 of the motorway.
HCC Highways tweeted: “A602 Stevenage , W/B from Valley Way to J7 A1 (M) , problems on A1 this morning causing congestion.
“B197 from J/W A602 Stevenage S/B to Woolmer Green, again problems on A1 (M) this morning causing traffic down this road, delays occurring.”
Adding to the delays, AA traffic news reported on their website that the situation was not helped by an earlier recovery vehicle having a flat tyre which has now been resolved.
Buses are also affected, with Arriva tweeting: “Due to an accident and over running roadworks on the A1M traffic in the Stevenage area very heavy at this time some delays expected on route around the area. A602 very heavy traffic due to the A1M problems routes 4/5/8 are subject to delays.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans