Police appeal after Land Rover crashes on A1(M) at Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious crash on the A1(M) southbound this morning, involving a Land Rover.
The incident occurred on the exit slip road at junction 6 (A1000/Welwyn Garden City) shortly before 6am.
A police spokesman said: “For reasons unknown at this time a Land Rover Discovery overturned, leaving the driver trapped inside.
“He was freed by firefighters and taken to hospital with serious injuries.
“Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the vehicle prior to it, to please get in touch.”
The exit slip at junction 6 southbound remains closed at this time.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called today at 5.56am to reports of a road traffic collision on southbound slip road By A1000 A1(M) Digswell Welwyn.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 7 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
“An ambulance, two rapid response vehicles and ambulance officer attended.
“A single vehicle was involved in a collision with what is believed to be the central reservation.
“One patient, believed to be a man in his 50s, was taken to Lister Hospital in a stable condition.
“His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.”
•Anyone with information is asked to contact the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit on the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 102 of March 27.
You can also report information online at https://www.herts.police.uk/Report