Police appeal after Land Rover crashes on A1(M) at Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious crash on the A1(M) southbound this morning, involving a Land Rover.
The incident occurred on the exit slip road at junction 6 (A1000/Welwyn Garden City) shortly before 6am.
A police spokesman said: “For reasons unknown at this time a Land Rover Discovery overturned, leaving the driver trapped inside.
“He was freed by firefighters and taken to hospital with serious injuries.
“Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the vehicle prior to it, to please get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
The exit slip at junction 6 southbound remains closed at this time.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called today at 5.56am to reports of a road traffic collision on southbound slip road By A1000 A1(M) Digswell Welwyn.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
“An ambulance, two rapid response vehicles and ambulance officer attended.
“A single vehicle was involved in a collision with what is believed to be the central reservation.
“One patient, believed to be a man in his 50s, was taken to Lister Hospital in a stable condition.
“His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.”
•Anyone with information is asked to contact the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit on the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 102 of March 27.
You can also report information online at https://www.herts.police.uk/Report