Kia claims double gold in Auto Express Used Car Of The Year Awards
- Credit: Archant
Britain’s best used cars for 2016 have been revealed by Auto Express, with Kia coming out on top in two key categories.
Chosen by experts at Britain’s biggest selling weekly car magazine, the cars are rated on a number of qualities that matter most to used car buyers, including fuel economy, comfort, reliability, running costs and build quality.
Driving away with a double win was Kia as the Sportage MkIII took top position for Used Car of The Year while the Korean manufacturer is rated as having the Best Approved Used Scheme.
The third generation family friendly SUV ticks all the boxes offering unbeatable value for used car bargain hunters with its spacious cabin and low running costs. Kia’s industry leading seven-year warranty - which covers new and used vehicles - further increases the Sportage’s appeal.
This unbeatable warranty also helps the manufacturer claim the award for Best Approved Used Scheme. The Auto Express guide ranks manufacturer used car services based on features and benefits such as age of vehicles, mileage, breakdown cover and warranty. Kia wins with its range of cherry-picked low mileage, well looked after models that minimise the risk of potential problems for future buyers.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Fowler, editor-in-chief of Auto Express, said: “With efficiency and practicality backed by an unbeatable warranty, Kia offers a 360 degree peace of mind. This makes the Kia Sportage Mk3 not only a great car new, but sensational value for money and a brilliant used buy.”
The full details of this year’s winners of Auto Express’ Britain’s Best Used Cars can be found in Auto Express’ issue on sale now or go to www.autoexpress.co.uk/used-car-guide.
- Used Car of the Year: Kia Sportage MkIII
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 6 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- Best City Car: Skoda Citigo
- Best Supermini: Ford Fiesta MkVI
- Best Premium Small Car: Fiat 500
- Best Compact Family Hatch: SEAT Leon MkIII
- Best Estate Car: Skoda Superb MkII
- Best Family Car: Vauxhall Insignia
- Best Small SUV: Peugeot 2008
- Best Compact SUV: Kia Sportage MkIII
- Best Large SUV: Volvo XC90 MkI
- Best Compact Executive: BMW 3 Series F30
- Best Executive: Audi A6 MkIV
- Best Coupe: VW Scirocco
- Best MPV: SEAT Alhambra
- Best Cabriolet: Mazda MX-5 MkIII
- Best Performance Car: Ford Fiesta ST
- Best Luxury Car: Mercedes S-Class W221
- Best Green Car: Nissan Leaf