Investigation launched to establish cause of suspicious fire at Stevenage school
- Credit: Archant
An investigation has been launched after a fire was started at a Stevenage school.
Firefighters were called to a building in Marriotts School on Brittian Way at 12.25pm.
The fire happened on the second floor of a main block of the school and was extinguished by the school’s sprinkler system.
Three engines – two from Stevenage and one from Hitchin – attended the blaze, which was out by 1.34pm.
After it was put out a Fire Investigation Team went to the school to establish how it started.
You may also want to watch:
At this stage it is unclear but a spokesman for the fire service said there is reason to believe it may have been started deliberately.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 7 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 10 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled