Stevenage crash: Injured total rises as four remain in ‘serious’ condition
- Credit: Archant
Four people are still in hospital with a range of serious but not life-threatening injuries, following last week’s crash in Stevenage.
In total, police have confirmed that 18 people have been treated after last Thursday's incident.
Emergency services were called to Monkswood Way in the town following a collision at around 9.45pm last Thursday, between the junctions for London Road and Broadhall Way.
Video footage showed a blue car coming from the direction of London Road colliding with a black car coming out of the Roaring Meg South car park - where a weekly meet of members of modified car club Cruise-Herts was taking place.
To the horror of onlookers, the cars were sent in opposite directions into people lining either side of the road.
READ MORE: Horror as two cars plough into crowd in StevenageThe road was shut while emergency services worked at the scene - with one person freed after being trapped under one of the cars - with police leaving at 5am the following morning.
You may also want to watch:
The drivers of both cars involved in the crash have since been interviewed as part of the police investigation, but no arrests have been made at this stage.
READ MORE: Drivers interviewed as part of investigation into Stevenage crashPolice are still appealing for witnesses and anyone with information is encouraged to contact police via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 101.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award