Stevenage crash: Injured total rises as four remain in ‘serious’ condition
- Credit: Archant
Four people are still in hospital with a range of serious but not life-threatening injuries, following last week’s crash in Stevenage.
In total, police have confirmed that 18 people have been treated after last Thursday's incident.
Emergency services were called to Monkswood Way in the town following a collision at around 9.45pm last Thursday, between the junctions for London Road and Broadhall Way.
Video footage showed a blue car coming from the direction of London Road colliding with a black car coming out of the Roaring Meg South car park - where a weekly meet of members of modified car club Cruise-Herts was taking place.
To the horror of onlookers, the cars were sent in opposite directions into people lining either side of the road.
READ MORE: Horror as two cars plough into crowd in StevenageThe road was shut while emergency services worked at the scene - with one person freed after being trapped under one of the cars - with police leaving at 5am the following morning.
The drivers of both cars involved in the crash have since been interviewed as part of the police investigation, but no arrests have been made at this stage.
READ MORE: Drivers interviewed as part of investigation into Stevenage crashPolice are still appealing for witnesses and anyone with information is encouraged to contact police via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 101.
- 1 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know