Horse dies in A1(M) collision between Stevenage and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
A horse has died and another is believed to be seriously injured following a collision on the A1(M) between Stevenage and Welwyn.
Police were called at 2.25pm today to Junction 7 southbound of the A1M to reports that a Land Rover and horsebox - containing two horses - had overturned.
An ambulance has been called as a precaution for two female occupants of the Land Rover and vets are at the scene.
The road has been closed in both directions while emergency services deal with the incident.
Long delays are expected and traffic is currently being diverted through Knebworth.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to avoid the area at this time.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?