Lorry shedding load in Hitchin still causing traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
A road closure related to a lorry shedding its load in Hitchin is continuing to cause delays this evening – with a cordon put up due to reports of an associated gas leak.
Heavy machinery fell from a lorry in Grove Road at 1.50pm, with the road closed between the junction of Woolgrove Road to the junction of Bury Mead.
Traffic in the area is still heavy at this time.
Herts Fire and Rescue Service also received reports of a gas leak caused by damage from the earlier incident.
One engine from Hitchin attended, with crews liasing with police to establish a safety cordon.
You may also want to watch:
UPDATE: Following a visit from the gas board, the area was considered safe by 7.45pm.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory