Man in 70s in critical condition after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s is in a critical condition after being involved in a collision with a car in Hitchin.
The incident, which happened at about 4.20pm yesterday, saw a white Citroën C3 and the elderly pedestrian collide in Nightingale Road near to the Molly Malones pub.
The pedestrian has been taken to Lister Hospital and is in a critical condition and the driver of the car was uninjured.
Nightingale Road was closed until about 8.30pm as the collision was investigated.
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit are appealing for witnesses following the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Sam Cordingley, from the Road Policing Unit, said: “We are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident and I would ask anyone who witnessed the collision, or the events prior to it, to contact us.
“Additionally, if anyone was driving in the area around the time of the collision and has a dash cam I would ask them to come forward and speak with us.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
Anyone who witnessed the collision – or has any other information in connection with the incident – should call police on 101, quoting reference ISR 501 of November 28.