Hitchin man, 25, in serious condition in hospital following car crash
- Credit: Archant
A man remains in a serious condition after a car crash.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a car collided with a post and rail fence while travelling on Woolgrove Road in Hitchin at around 9.12am on Saturday (June 28).
After the initial impact the black Vauxhall Corsa subsequently hit a lamp post and a tree. The front seat passenger, a 25-year-old man from Hitchin, remains in a serious condition in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The driver, a 24-year-old man from Hitchin, was also taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital to be treated for injuries, while the back seat passengers, a 22-year-old woman from London and a 20-year-old woman from Hitchin suffered slight injuries. Both women were taken to Lister Hospital for treatment but have since been released.
The car left the road when it was just past Highover Way for unknown reasons.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact PC Jackie Lister via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain