Have you repaired Mercedes after Hitchin hit and run?
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old girl and a man in his 20s were hurt in a hit and run in Hitchin earlier this month – with police today launching an appeal for witnesses.
The incident happened in Burford Way, near to the junction with Bedford Road, just after 1pm on Monday, August 6.
The victims were walking on the pavement when a car – a white Mercedes – collided with them and left the scene.
The man suffered cuts and bruises and the girl had minor grazing to her knee.
Neither of them required hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle may have damage to its windscreen following the incident, so officers are appealing to mechanics and those who work in garages to recall whether they have recently worked on a white Mercedes with front end damage.
Officers are also keen to speak to anyone who witnesses the incident and had not yet spoken to police, or anyone who saw a white Mercedes in the area at the time.
Anyone with information should contact DC Simon Goodship on email@example.com or call 101 quoting reference 41/24786/18.
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/Report.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 10 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods