Hitchin driver trapped after lorry crash
A HITCHIN man has been hospitalised after the car he was driving collided with a lorry this morning (Tuesday), leaving him trapped “for over an hour”.
Several ambulance services, along with the East Anglian Air Ambulance, attended the incident on the A1081 St Albans Road near South Mimms at 11.38am.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “A man in his 40s was trapped by the wreckage of his car for over an hour.
“Paramedics and the doctor from the air ambulance stabilised him before he was taken by land ambulance to Barnet General Hospital.
“His injuries are deemed not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver of the lorry, a man in his 50s, was also taken to Barnet General Hospital with minor injuries.”
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 6 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 9 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
- 10 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods