Unfinished works delay trains between Hitchin and Royston
- Credit: Archant
Due to overnight engineering work not being completed on time, cancellations or delays are expected on the lines between Hitchin and Royston.
Great Northern and Thameslink rail announced that although most services are running as normal, some services have already experienced large delays and they predict some further delays of up to 20 minutes.
This will affect passengers at Hitchin, Letchworth Garden City, Baldock, Ashwell and Morden, and Royston.
The late-running engineering work, which was due to be ready between Royston and Baldock, is now complete.
However as carriages and crew aren’t in the right places due to the disruption, it will take time for the timetable to return to normal.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to continue until around 9am.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards