Unfinished works delay trains between Hitchin and Royston
- Credit: Archant
Due to overnight engineering work not being completed on time, cancellations or delays are expected on the lines between Hitchin and Royston.
Great Northern and Thameslink rail announced that although most services are running as normal, some services have already experienced large delays and they predict some further delays of up to 20 minutes.
This will affect passengers at Hitchin, Letchworth Garden City, Baldock, Ashwell and Morden, and Royston.
The late-running engineering work, which was due to be ready between Royston and Baldock, is now complete.
However as carriages and crew aren’t in the right places due to the disruption, it will take time for the timetable to return to normal.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to continue until around 9am.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 7 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 8 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 9 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602