Unfinished works delay trains between Hitchin and Royston
- Credit: Archant
Due to overnight engineering work not being completed on time, cancellations or delays are expected on the lines between Hitchin and Royston.
Great Northern and Thameslink rail announced that although most services are running as normal, some services have already experienced large delays and they predict some further delays of up to 20 minutes.
This will affect passengers at Hitchin, Letchworth Garden City, Baldock, Ashwell and Morden, and Royston.
The late-running engineering work, which was due to be ready between Royston and Baldock, is now complete.
However as carriages and crew aren’t in the right places due to the disruption, it will take time for the timetable to return to normal.
The disruption is expected to continue until around 9am.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant