Train lines blocked between Hitchin and Royston due to electricity supply failure
- Credit: Archant
All train lines are currently blocked between Hitchin and Royston this morning due to a electricity supply failure.
Rail operator Govia Thameslink says train services running through these stations will be cancelled or delayed, with disruption currently expected until 11am.
As a result, Great Northern services between London King's Cross and Ely/Kings Lynn are affected, as well as Thameslink services between Brighton and Cambridge.
Rail tickets are being accepted on the following Arriva buses:
- 98 between Hitchin and Baldock
You may also want to watch:
- 97 between Hitchin and Letchworth
- 55 beteen Stevenage and Letchworth
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation