Train lines blocked between Hitchin and Royston due to electricity supply failure
- Credit: Archant
All train lines are currently blocked between Hitchin and Royston this morning due to a electricity supply failure.
Rail operator Govia Thameslink says train services running through these stations will be cancelled or delayed, with disruption currently expected until 11am.
As a result, Great Northern services between London King's Cross and Ely/Kings Lynn are affected, as well as Thameslink services between Brighton and Cambridge.
Rail tickets are being accepted on the following Arriva buses:
- 98 between Hitchin and Baldock
- 97 between Hitchin and Letchworth
- 55 beteen Stevenage and Letchworth
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000