More delays to Baldock’s Norton Road bridge refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Further delays are expected on Baldock’s Norton Road bridge refurbishment, due to complications most likely caused by recent hot temperatures.
The bridge connecting Baldock and Letchworth has been closed since March 5 for works to be carried out on its deck and carriageway.
A spokesman for Highways England said in a statement to those affected in the area: “There has been an issue with the waterproof coating on the bridge becoming separated from the new road surface, probably due to the recent heatwave as temperatures are significantly higher at the road surface.
“This is currently under urgent investigation and the road will remain closed until we are certain that the problem is resolved. We will update you on progress as soon as we have information on the new reopening date.”
The completion date for the refurbishment on the Norton Road bridge – most recently August 3 – has been set back a number of times.
You may also want to watch:
The Baldock Lane bridge in Letchworth has been closed since July 16, and will remain closed until late October.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin