Motorist dies after crash on B655 between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay
- Credit: Archant
A motorist tragically died in hospital last night after a crash on the B655 between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay.
The man, described by police as aged in his 60s, was at the wheel of a silver Kia Picanto when it was involved in a collision with a black Audi RS Quattro.
A Herts police spokeswoman said his family had been informed and were being supported by specially-trained officers.
Police, ambulance and fire crews attended the scene of the crash near Hexton Manor after being called at about 1.15pm.
The Kia driver was cut out of the car by firefighters with serious injuries before being taken by paramedics to hospital, where police told the Comet he died yesterday evening.
Police said the occupants of the Audi had left the scene before emergency crews arrived, and that enquiries were ongoing to trace them.
The B655 was closed between Hexton and Pegsdon until about 8.30pm last night.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
Anyone who witnessed what happened should call Herts police on 101, quoting reference ISR 355 of May 30.