Motorist dies after crash on B655 between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay
- Credit: Archant
A motorist tragically died in hospital last night after a crash on the B655 between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay.
The man, described by police as aged in his 60s, was at the wheel of a silver Kia Picanto when it was involved in a collision with a black Audi RS Quattro.
A Herts police spokeswoman said his family had been informed and were being supported by specially-trained officers.
Police, ambulance and fire crews attended the scene of the crash near Hexton Manor after being called at about 1.15pm.
The Kia driver was cut out of the car by firefighters with serious injuries before being taken by paramedics to hospital, where police told the Comet he died yesterday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the occupants of the Audi had left the scene before emergency crews arrived, and that enquiries were ongoing to trace them.
The B655 was closed between Hexton and Pegsdon until about 8.30pm last night.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Anyone who witnessed what happened should call Herts police on 101, quoting reference ISR 355 of May 30.