Herts Auto Show returns to Stanborough Park, Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of cars, bikes, trikes and vans descended on Stanborough Park for the Herts Auto Show on Sunday.
The fourth edition of the popular event proved the most successful yet with more than 2,000 cars on display, including classic coupes, modified Minis and brutish American muscle cars.
One highlight was a bright orange Lamborghini Aventador with a starting price of around £260,000, while the brand new Jaguar F-Pace also claimed lots of admiring glances.
For two wheel lovers there was also plenty on show with The Bike Insurer sponsored rider, Dan Drayton, getting plenty of attention for his Honda CBR 650F bike from last season’s European Junior Cup.
There was also a demonstrator display from BMW Motorrad next to a collection of classic bikes including two stunning Ducatis and a Triumph Bonneville that claimed the Best In Show award.
Steve Parrish, ex-Grand Prix racer and BBC commentator, tickled crowds during an on stage interview with The Bike Insurer where he talked through his life on two wheels.
Dave Jackson, Social Media & Events Manager at The Bike Insurer, said: “Undoubtedly the 2016 Herts Auto Show was the best one yet with more exhibitors and visitors than ever before, it’s been a resounding success.
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
“Obviously the weather helped but the locals turned out in force with some incredible custom cars and bikes that whipped up so much interest. More importantly we’ve raised lots of money for the Make-a-Wish Foundation.”
For more infoamtion about the show visit https://goo.gl/OIULwz