Heavy traffic on A1 northbound between Baldock and Biggleswade as jackknifed lorry blocks outside lane
- Credit: Archant
There is heavy traffic on the A1 northbound between Baldock and Biggleswade this morning, with the outside lane blocked by a jackknifed lorry.
Police were called to the scene after the crash at about 10.30am near Stotfold, with a force spokeswoman saying that a car had been involved in a collision with the lorry after it jackknifed.
She added: “It doesn’t appear that there are any serious injuries. We’re still at the scene and we’re calling on Highways to come help with it.”
A Stevenage motorist who drove past the scene told the Comet: “The front of the lorry is facing the other way – basically into the front of the car.
“Both of them are against the barrier on the central reservation, and blocking the outside lane.”
You may also want to watch:
The Comet is awaiting further details from the ambulance service.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?