Heavy traffic on A1 northbound between Baldock and Biggleswade as jackknifed lorry blocks outside lane
- Credit: Archant
There is heavy traffic on the A1 northbound between Baldock and Biggleswade this morning, with the outside lane blocked by a jackknifed lorry.
Police were called to the scene after the crash at about 10.30am near Stotfold, with a force spokeswoman saying that a car had been involved in a collision with the lorry after it jackknifed.
She added: “It doesn’t appear that there are any serious injuries. We’re still at the scene and we’re calling on Highways to come help with it.”
A Stevenage motorist who drove past the scene told the Comet: “The front of the lorry is facing the other way – basically into the front of the car.
“Both of them are against the barrier on the central reservation, and blocking the outside lane.”
The Comet is awaiting further details from the ambulance service.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map
- 10 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport