Heavy traffic in Stevenage after two-car crash
- Credit: Archant
Two cars have crashed on a major road this morning (Wednesday), causing heavy traffic in both directions.
Emergency services were called to Gresley Way in Stevenage at about 8.15am after a red Vauxhall Astra and a black Renault Twingo collided.
It is being reported that the road is shut in both directions at the junction with Magpie Cresecent but a police spokesman was unable to confirm this.
The two drivers, a man and a woman, sustained minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.
Police are still at the scene and are asking motorists to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic has been gridlocked from Hitchin to Stevenage on the A602, as well as Martins Way and Gunnels Wood Road in Stevenage, although police were unaware of another incident.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?