Heavy tailbacks on A602 in Stevenage after tree falls on car and blocks road
- Credit: Archant
High winds uprooted a tree which then fell on top of a car and blocked a road in Stevenage this afternoon.
The car was travelling on the A602 Broadhall Way, just before the Esso garage, at around 3.30pm when the tree fell.
The driver wasn’t injured and the car was later released by emergency services.
Highways are currently working to remove the tree, which is currently lying across the highway.
The road has been closed between Broadwater Crescent and Oaks Cross.
There is heavy traffic in the area.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 3 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 6 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan