Heavy congestion on A1(M) southbound this morning from Baldock Services to Stevenage after crash and van breakdown
- Credit: Archant
There is heavy congestion on the A1(M) southbound between Baldock Services and Stevenage this morning after a crash and a van breakdown.
There are delays of up to 30 minutes against expected traffic between Junction 10 for Baldock Services and Junction 7 for Stevenage after the crash near Junction 8 shortly before 7am.
The vehicles involved were a white Mercedes Sprinter van and a white Vauxhall saloon car, both of which were nearer to Junction 7 by the time officers arrived.
Both were moved to the hard shoulder, with police leaving the scene at 7.40am. A police spokeswoman said no injuries were reported.
Separately, a white van broke down on the Junction 7 southbound exit slip road for Stevenage at 7.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Officers rolled the vehicle back onto the hard shoulder to clear the road and await recovery. The carriageway was cleared within five minutes.
The traffic is heaviest between Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate and Junction 8 for Stevenage.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home