Heavy congestion on A1(M) southbound this morning from Baldock Services to Stevenage after crash and van breakdown
- Credit: Archant
There is heavy congestion on the A1(M) southbound between Baldock Services and Stevenage this morning after a crash and a van breakdown.
There are delays of up to 30 minutes against expected traffic between Junction 10 for Baldock Services and Junction 7 for Stevenage after the crash near Junction 8 shortly before 7am.
The vehicles involved were a white Mercedes Sprinter van and a white Vauxhall saloon car, both of which were nearer to Junction 7 by the time officers arrived.
Both were moved to the hard shoulder, with police leaving the scene at 7.40am. A police spokeswoman said no injuries were reported.
Separately, a white van broke down on the Junction 7 southbound exit slip road for Stevenage at 7.30am.
Officers rolled the vehicle back onto the hard shoulder to clear the road and await recovery. The carriageway was cleared within five minutes.
The traffic is heaviest between Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate and Junction 8 for Stevenage.
- 1 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 2 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 3 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 6 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 7 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 8 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 9 'Keep us safe' - schoolchildren's plea for crossing at Norton demonstration
- 10 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons